Winter have you down? At least in Rochester , NY, it seems like Winter is the longest season. We’ve had one of the coldest winters in awhile this year. We’ve had a couple weeks of subzero and single digit temps with windchills with negative 20 below. We have finally made it into the 30s for the time being. Pretty sad that we think this is a heatwave.. All this said: the brutal cold, the snow and limited amount of sunshine can lead to many cases of seasonal depression or just leave you feeling down. So how can one cope with winter?
1. Call a friend. Studies of shown that talking to a friend is as effective as seeing a counselor or antidepressant. Make a date with a friend to grab a coffee or glass of wine.
2. Bring spring to your indoors. Buy some flowers to display or hang a tropical beach picture on your wall.
3. Exercise. Get those feel good endorphins going.
4. Get outdoors! Build a snowman with your kids. Go sledding, ice skating or skiing.
5. Indulge in a cup of hot tea, coffee or cocoa, snuggle up with a blanket and good book.
6. Cuddle with your loved one.
7. Watch a funny movie.
8. Be creative. Take up scrapbooking, painting, knitting, sewing, you name it!
9. Listen to some feel good music on your IPOD!
10. Act silly with your kids.
11. Take a hot bubble bath
12. Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure or massage!
These are only some ideas! Come up with your own list of things to do when you feel the winter blues coming on!