As families pack bags for road trips and rides in the sky, JetBlue is encouraging kids to pack books for their cross country adventures or even for their trips to the backyard. JetBlue has launched “Soar with Reading” a reading program with partner PBS KIDS. The program aims to keep children reading wherever they go this summer – with a combination of in-flight and online literacy resources, community reading events and a partnership with First Book, a nonprofit organization that provides new books to children in need.
The campaign includes the following:
- At the center of the program is the newly launched SoarwithReading.com, where parents can download a free reading activity kit, create a summer reading list and log their children’s reading minutes, among other activities
- For every reader who registers on SoarwithReading.com, JetBlue will make a book donation to a child through First Book, up to 10,000 books.
- This summer, Jet Blue is also sending crew members out to volunteer at kid-friendly events at local libraries all across the country. These global guides will read books to children, share stories about their job and their exciting travel adventures.
- Child passengers will also receive activity kits on JetBlue flights as well!
Additionally, the campaign supports public libraries. At SoarwithReading.com families can vote for their favorite library in the Soar with Reading Sweepstakes. The winning library will receive $10,000 worth of children’s books courtesy of Jet Blue and Random House Children’s Books. And if you enter the winning library, you will have a chance to win a trip to Atlantis!
We are excited to offer one reader a JetBlue in-flight reading kit that includes:
- A fun JetBlue travel backpack
- Other fun JetBlue and PBS KIDS extras
To Enter: Simply add a comment indicating why you wold like to win.
Entry 1: Tweet this giveaway (Twitter button above or below)
Entry 2 – Post a link to this giveaway on any Contest site, Facebook page, etc.) and add another comment with the link included. Separate comment for Each Link = One Entry.
Entry 3 – Become a Bookroom Reviews Facebook Fan and add another comment saying “Facebook Fan”
Entry 4 – Follow Bookroom Reviews on Twitter and add another comment saying “Twitter Follower”
Entry 5– Sign up for the Bookroom Reviews Newsletter (in sidebar) to get weekly email updates and add a comment saying “Newsletter Subscriber”
Entry 6 – Stumble this giveaway and add another comment saying “Stumbled [User name]”
Entry 7 – Subscribe to the Bookroom Reviews RSS Email Feed (in sidebar) to get blog posts delivered to your in box daily and add a comment saying “RSS Subscriber”
*Contest ends on August 31st at midnight.
*Winner will be chosen by Random.Org
*Winner will be contacted by e mail. If no response in 48 hours, another winner will be drawn
*US and Canada entries only No P.O. Box
*I follow all FTC rules and requirements and all my opinions are honest. The review and giveaway product were provided by the business or PR agency.