When I was younger, there weren’t very many games that appealed to me, they were all marketed for boys. I am happy the game industry has become smarter and included girls and women. One popular game application on Facebook is A Better World. It is designed to help everyone who participates feel better about themselves, be supportive of others and make positive choices in their everyday lives.
A Better World, is different. A Better World is a Facebook game where players can do good deeds and get rewarded. Instead of getting wall requests saying stuff like “Will you help train my Ninja”, you will get a message like “I am thankful for having you in my life.” I would be happy to find that kind of message on my wall.
A Better World offers more than 15 locations for community members to explore, including the:
· Department of Do Good – A place you can share real world good deeds you’ve performed and see what other members of the community have done
· Gratitude Grotto – A charming area where you can reveal what you are thankful for and express your support for messages left by others
· Sanctuary of Hope – A building where you can communicate your hopes and dreams and send encouragement to other players
· Arcade – A play area with uplifting mini-games to enjoy alone or with friends
· A new feature is the Better Pets Pet Shop, filled with adorable puppies, cute kittens or even a magical unicorn
My favorite place is the Gratitude Grotto. You can write what you are grateful for and then you can read what others are grateful for and vote on each message to earn more money. I also enjoy the Better Pets Shop, they are so cute and fun. A Better World is fun and easy to navigate. It is wonderful to see a game you can play with your children and teach the values and rewards of giving to others and expressing gratitude.
A Better World was created by ToonUps, a digital entertainment company that has focused on developing digital content that encourages a positive outlook and altruistic behavior for more than a decade. ToonUps hopes A Better World’s original approach could usher in a new genre of “do good gaming.” Research shows that being encouraged to think about things they are thankful for and doing activities that provide encouragement to others improves their mental, emotional and spiritual well being.
View the game trailer on You Tube here. You can join in the fun and play A Better World at http://www.facebook.com/ABetterWorld!
I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own."